Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In May, I went to Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) in West Africa to train some nationals from 8 different West African nations. Included were Liberia, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burkino Faso, Benin, Ivory Coast and Nigeria - 25 people in all. For one week in hot humid conditions, I trained the English speakers (Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone) and had the French speakers as English learners. We had lots of fun playing games, singing songs, and drilling various conversations, letter sounds and Bible stories. Many came up to me afterward to tell me how effective my new curriculum book was in actually helping an English learner use English rather than just learn it.
I also discovered several corrections needed and hopefully, the revised version will be ready for the English Language Ministry Training Institute in Accra, Ghana in early September. Thanks for praying about the details that need to be completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment